Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is to 12 Yard Productions. Please see below for our contact details. Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of the www.12yard.com (the “Website”).
What information do we hold about you and how is it collected?
When you register for various services on the website (including applying to be a contestant on any programmes we produce) or when you otherwise update your registration details, personal information is collected by us.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use “cookies” or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled “Cookies” below).
How do we use information about you?
We use information about you to help us provide you with a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your needs.
Your personal information may be used by us to:
- assess your suitability as a contestant for a programme;
- monitor, develop and improve the website, services and your experience;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
Where and only where requested by you we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone (including SMS) or mail about programmes we may produce from us; and/or
- send you information by email, telephone or mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- To opt-out of receiving any such communications, you can use the facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address below or write to us by mail to the address below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
Amending your information
Where you register your details for certain services and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those services. You may change or update your password via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Cookies and other such devices
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so; and/or
- to gather aggregate non personal data to help us improve the services to you. We will also use aggregate non personal data to track the success of any advertising campaigns on our website and/or to provide to third parties anonymised demographic data provided by you to target advertising more appropriately.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau website on the following link www.allaboutcookies.org
Will we share your information with third parties?
We may pass your information to other parties as follows:
- where relevant, your user name and information you voluntarily provide in your profile that you register with us will be published on areas of the website such as pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Where other users wish to chat or otherwise contact you, they will be able to identify you by your user name and any other information you may yourself disclose via the website;
- we may pass your personal information to our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future including broadcasters outside European Economic Area (“EEA”) so the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA;
- some general statistical information about the website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include information personally identifying you; and
We do not pass or sell your personal information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above. Any marketing referred to in the section entitled “How do we use information about you?” is conducted by us on behalf of third parties and they do not have any access to your data unless you yourself choose to contact them.
Always think carefully before disclosing your personal information or other information to other users of the website or otherwise posting your personal information on the website. It is important that you are aware that any of your personal information or other information which you disclose to another user may then be disclosed on the website by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of the website.
Security and how do we protect your information?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com
12 Yard Productions is a trading name of 12 Yard Productions (Investments) Limited (registered in England under company no. 4195187)
Registered office London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London, SE1 9LT. Registered Company no. 4195187. England